OUTSTANDING SENIORS RECEIVE SCHOLARSHIPS AT MCEF AWARDS FESTIVITIES
- May 25, 2022
PEARL ― Fifteen high school seniors enrolled in career and technical education programs across Mississippi are receiving $500 scholarships from the Mississippi Construction Education Foundation.
The scholarship program, funded by MCEF and the Mississippi State Board of Contractors, rewards top-performing CTE students who plan to enroll in construction- or manufacturing-related degree programs after graduating from high school. Recipients also must meet academic requirements and be recommended by their instructors and career-center directors.
"If Mississippi is going to have the skilled workforce that’s needed for tomorrow, we must encourage and train those workers today,” said Mike Barkett, MCEF president. “This scholarship program rewards students who are readying for career and technical positions, which also supports Mississippi’s growing construction and manufacturing industries."
Scholarship winners are:
• Jack Allen, Hancock County Career Technical Center
• Aiden Berryhill, DeSoto County East Career and Technical Center
• Isabel Dawson, Pearl/Rankin Career Technical Center
• James Floyd, Simpson County Technology Center
• Robert Ford, Monroe County Career Tech Center
• Hunter Pollack-Bavetta, Neshoba Central High School
• Chandler Sanderson, Philadelphia-Neshoba Career Technical Center
• Andrew Towery, Benton County Vocational Center
• Charles Logan Whittington, Pearl/Rankin Career Technical Center
• Jayden Green, Monroe County Career Tech Center
• Olivia Guthrie, Clinton Career Complex
• Roger “Cole” Jordan, Pearl/Rankin Career Technical Center
• Julius Lyons, Houston Career and Technical Center
• Evan Murphy, Jefferson County High School Career Technical Education Center
• Malik Thomas, Biloxi High School Career Technical Center
MCEF is a non-profit educational foundation that provides NCCER craft training and credentialing in more than 100 career and technical programs across the state. The foundation’s mission is to train individuals for the construction and manufacturing industries in Mississippi.
MCEF also offers workforce training and credentialing in construction, industrial maintenance and manufacturing trades. Learn more about MCEF at http://mcef.net.