OUTSTANDING SENIORS RECEIVE SCHOLARSHIPS AT MCEF AWARDS FESTIVITIES
- May 11, 2023
PEARL ― Fifteen high school seniors enrolled in career and technical education programs statewide received $1,000 scholarships at an annual celebration sponsored by the Mississippi Construction Education Foundation on May 5.
The scholarship program, funded by MCEF and the Mississippi State Board of Contractors, rewards top-performing CTE students who plan to enroll in construction- or manufacturing-related degree programs after graduating from high school. Recipients also must meet academic requirements and be recommended by their instructors and career-center directors.
“If Mississippi is going to have the skilled workforce that’s needed for tomorrow, we must encourage and train those workers today,” said Brent Bean, MCEF president. “This scholarship program rewards students who are readying for career and technical positions, which also supports Mississippi’s growing construction and manufacturing industries.”
Scholarship winners were:
• Malaki Bryant, Hernando High School
• Jordan Coon, Tupelo Career Technical Center
• Eli Corey, Greene County Vocational Technical Center
• Nathaniel Edwards, Gulfport High School
• Donald Flowers Jr., Hazlehurst High School
• Brian Gaughf, Park Place Christian Academy
• Trey Hardy, Ross Collins Career Technical Center
• Landon Hudson, Alcorn County Career Technical Center
• Tyson Marlow, Southeast Lauderdale High School
• Noah McCormick, Franklin County Career Technical Center
• John Hesten Powers, Pillow Academy
• Alexis Smith, Wayne County Career Technical Center
• McKenzie Stanley, Germantown High School
• Emmanual Wilson, Ross Collins Career Technical Center
• Tanner Wimberly, Cathedral Unit School
MCEF is a non-profit educational foundation that provides NCCER craft training and credentialing in more than 100 career and technical programs across the state. The foundation’s mission is to train individuals for construction and manufacturing industries in Mississippi.
MCEF also offers workforce training and credentialing in construction, industrial maintenance and manufacturing trades. Learn more about MCEF at http://mcef.net.